- Mount a mirror. The human brain can easily be tricked, and mirrors are great at creating the illusion of space and bouncing light around a room.
- Add accent lighting. A few cleverly positioned floor lamps, table lamps or even twinkly lights can make a world of difference to the atmosphere of a room.
- Pull in a plant or two. There are few rooms in the home that can’t be improved by an appropriately chosen piece of greenery.
- Pick up a paintbrush. While you might not be able to paint your whole property for less than $75, if you’re prepared to roll up your sleeves, you’ll certainly be able to do a room or two, and it’s unquestionably worth the effort.
- Freshen up your front door.They say first impressions count, and this is just as true with our homes.
- Clear your windowsills. While a few well-placed accent lights can change the tone of a room, you simply can’t beat a good dose of natural light. Although you can’t add a skylight or sliding doors for less than $75, you can make some minor changes that will bring in more light — and cost you absolutely nothing.
- Select a scent. This is a delicate one. There’s a fine balance when it comes to changing the odor of your home — do nothing and unpleasant smells might linger; do too much and you’ll overpower anyone who walks through the door.
- Create a spa feel. Bathrooms shouldn’t be seen solely as practical places where cleansing takes place. They should also be places for relaxing and unwinding.
- Boost your bedding. Putting clean white cotton bedding on a well-made bed is so simple to do, and yet is often overlooked.
Taken from(citation): https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/45410081/w/sid=1/list/9-ways-to-boost-your-homes-appeal-for-less-than-75